Sunday, April 4, 2010

SELF SERVICE.

I am taking a break after cracking up my head with electronic. Those diodes, FET and BJT were really racking up my brain. I wonder, would electrical students feel the same if they to take Statics for example. Anyway, I am actually waiting for my laundry. So, while waiting, I think I should spend my time writing a new entry.

And it is going to be about fast food restaurants in Malaysia. No, I am not going to comment on tastes. Nor am I going to babble about services. It is just that, I think it would be a whole lot more convenient if all fast food chains in Malaysia set up a new rule - SELF SERVICE.

In case you don't understand the term, lemme explain it for you.
You buy your own food, you eat your own food and clean up after your own mess.

Isn't it that simple?

Well, Malaysia is going towards the 2020 goals, where we want to be one of the fastest growing country and all. But, take a look at OUR people. At least in western countries, they clean up after their own mess. Whereas here, we still hire people to clean OUR mess? I rarely clean up my own mess too. But I think it's a good thing to be practised,afer encountering an experience.


I was in Sentral eating at KFC. Then, I saw this bunch of handsome tourists :P S. Since the place was crowded, they got to seats quite near with me. But unfortunately the table was in huge mess because the last person didn't clean it up and YES, because here in Malaysia we actually have someone else to do it for us. So, they just sat there. And when they bought their food, and eventually had no place to eat, they cleaned up the mess themselves. I was pretty embarassed actually.


I seriously think that we have been pampered too much. And that is why people have been littering underneath "JANGAN MEMBUANG SAMPAH DI SINI" signs. We have not been trained to have the responsibiity towards our own country, environment and mother Earth. Plus, it is not such a hard thing to do. People were busy making noises here and there when the petrol pumps were set to self service a few years ago, but eventually we learnt. And we got accustomed to it. The same thing goes here.

So, let's start cleaning up our own mess whenever we eat at fast food restaurants ;) Hehee. I am going to make this my habit insyaAllah.

6 comments:

Qamaruls said...

sedap nyer KFC

zaza. said...

tau takpe.aku tunggu ko belanja aku :D

ALSHAFIQ/UJANG said...

haha..bagus jika mahu berubah...
tp..cam x caye jee..

zaza. said...

haha.aku penah buat :) tapi satu restoran pandang aku. smpi la aku kua restoran. haha

ALSHAFIQ/UJANG said...

haha..bgs..biase ahh rakyat msia mehh...wat baik org pandang lain...jahat kutok lak...percubaan yang bgs..

Anonymous said...

@Zaza : I agree with you babe. I am just wondering kenapa orang Melayu susah nak berdisiplin macam Western people.

I mean sepatutnya orang Melayu yang kena lebih tertib (eg: clean up the table, etc) tapi macam dah terbalik pula.

I've seen this couple of mat salleh. They ate at McD & it was quite surprised when they threw their left-over thingy by themselves.